BerliCon WDC - August 3rd to 06th, 2006
BerliCon WDC 2006 - A Seven Star Convention
Why of all conventions should you come to Berlin? Besides that it's the World Diplomacy Convention 2006, expecting the best, bravest (and funniest?) diplomats from all over the world, there are 7 good reasons.
- Our own hotel - stay and play in one place at a very fair price. It's quiet and cosy - yet very central. Go out and party, take part in one of our guiding tours or rent a game at our game shop.
- A fuss free journey - 3 airports, cheap carriers, 2 train stations and hundreds of European bus routes, all within 30-45min reach of the venue. Don't get lost - we will pick you up from the airport or station.
- Berlin City and Nightlife - the hotel is situated in the student quarter and party district Prenzlauer Berg, in the middle of a city without curfew...
- Sightseeing - Berlin, German capital and a hotspot on a real life stalemate line until 1989 ;-) Feel free to bring along family and friends and to stay some extra days at the hotel - for a special price.
- The money - get the whole package for EUR 89. Or take a single room for 140. Both including con fee, shuttle service and web access. Cheap? Well, the hotel had to negotiate with diplomacy players...
- The German dip community - ever heard of the typically German dipcon family atmosphere? Ask some of our foreign guests at previous cons. Our hobby welcomes you. The WDC bid was supported by 70 players from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- The team - BerliCon hosts together with the DDB people (German Diplomacy Association) have been working since late 2003 to make BerliCon III WDC XVI possible. Meet our team (link zur Teamseite).
Uhm... we heard that some Arabic Sheiks have too much money and they are planning an 8 star hotel. So what's a Seven Star Convention compared to that? Therefore, to top it all off, we consulted our Austrian hobby friends and came up with an idea, our 8th star:
- The Vienna Precon: A Vie-Ber !
The facts in brief: Austria's national dipcon FAT (Felix Austria Tournament) will be held for the 3rd time in a row in a lovely alpine mountain hut near Vienna. The last two years it could be called one of the toughest competitions, but at the same time cosiest conventions on Europe. In 2006, FAT III will just be the warm up... one week before BerliCon WDC! Between FAT and BerliCon, Monday 31 to Thursday 3, we invite you to go on a little holiday trip, to stay with German and Austrian dip players and visit their home towns, before you land your sledge in Berlin, right in time to become World Champion. More about this amazing opportunity
If you wonder what to do in Berlin, please visit the Berlin page